Monday, January 14, 2013

2 FREEwebsites to post free legal questions for the public

There are 2 free sites to post legal questions --

www.lawguru.com

and


www.avvo.com

I also recommend them for finding an attorney since you can read attorney posts & get an idea if the attorney will be a good fit for you.

Obviously since these attorneys post answers for free they care about educating the general public.    They take the time to answer questions for free so they are not motivated only to make money.  I find that most of the attorneys that answer free questions are a friendly and cooperative bunch - I've gotten to "know" a few because we'll email each occasionally.

On www.avvo.com you can read client reviews and fellow attorney reviews on each attorney listed.  I was one of the first attorneys to "claim" my www.avvo.com listing when they first came on-line many years ago.  I attempt to keep my avvo.com listing up-to-date each year.  I will add that just because an attorney's avvo.com rating is not high that is not a reason not to hire them - some excellent attorneys are not highly rated because they either have not "claimed" their listing or they have not maintained their listing.

www.lawguru.com was around years before www.avvo.com but avvo.com blew lawguru.com away with aggressive advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment