Please consider doing the following estate planning documents in 2018. A will is not enough.
You need these docs especially if you are single.
And, probate in Texas is fairly quick and easy if you have a good will. You need an indpendent executor to serve without a bond.
So PLEASE do them now!
1. Revocation of Previous Powers of Attorneys
2. HIPAA Authorization to medical providers
3. Medical Power of Attorney
4. Directive to Physicians & Family
5. Declaration of Guardian In the Event of later Incapacity
6. Statutory Durable Power of Attorney (financial affairs)
7. Gift by a Living Donor
8. Appointment for Disposition of Remains