Thursday, August 21, 2014

Adult Name Changes

On my old blog, "google" has decided I am an expert at adult name changes.  Unfortunately, when G+ came around my old blog "froze". I cannot access it or make any changes on my posts.

FYI -- Instead of finger print cards the new policy are having your fingerprints digitized.  There are several locations that handle this.  I'm just learning more about these digitized fingerprints.

If you want me to assist you, plan on spending around $3,000 - $2,500 for me and around $500 for filing fees and the criminal background check fee.

The Harris County family judges expect me to do a lot of work and it takes quite a bit of my time preparing the necessary paperwork, filing the finger prints with the right government agency to get a criminal background check and following up with the judge's staff to make sure the criminal background check has been received.

If you cannot afford that then look on www.avvo.com for an attorney to help you or try to do it yourself.  There is no reason you cannot do it yourself but it is complicated & you have to have a state and probably federal criminal background check done by an approved agency that the Judge will accept.  If you don't understand what I've just said or you don't have time, hire an attorney to assist you.

FREE OPTION:  There is an excellent free Texas website - www.texaslawhelp.org that has FREE name change forms on it.  You might try to do it yourself. Of course, you still have to pay the filing fees and have a criminal background check done.

A name change after 911 is no longer simple or quick.

Plan on it taking up to 4-6 months. I'd rather be conservative and then pleasantly surprise you with quicker results.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment