Friday, May 16, 2014

Unsworn declarations for Texas prisoners to use

If a notary is not available to a Texas prison inmate, the Civil Practice and Remedies Code under Title 6 (Miscellaneous Provisions) has Section 132 (Unsworn Declarations) to cover this problem.

Under section (e) of this provision, an unsworn declaration must include the following in substantially this form:

"My name is ______(full legal name)____, my date of birth is _______, and my inmate identifying number, if any, is ________.  I am presently incarcerated in ___(corrections unit name) in _______, (City), (County), (State), (zip code).

I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed on the ____ day of _______, 20__.

Full legal name
Mailing Address"

This was effective as of September 1, 2011.

Check this Civil Practices & Remedies Code - Title 6, Section 132 to make sure it is current.
This code is available for free on the internet.

I hope this post has been helpful.

If you have a family law problem that is uncontested (no fighting) that involves a Texas inmate you can contact me for assistance.  I flat-rate uncontested (agreed) cases beginning at $1,500 - $3,500 plus all my court costs/filing fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment