Thursday, March 26, 2015

Locate a parent service through the TX A G office

Go to the TX A G website and find the "Application for locate- only services" to ask the TX A G to try to help you find a "missing" parent.

Complete the application form and mail it to:

Office of the Attorney General
Child support division - MC 040
State Parent Locate Service
P O Box 12017
Austin, TX 78711-2017

This service can only be used for:
establishing a court order for paternity, child support or medical support
collecting court-ordered support
enforcing custody or visitation.

The State Parent Locator Service only provides information about the missing parent's possible location(s). They obtain the latest available address and employment information from state and federal records, and forward that info to the applicant.

This agency will not verify or investigate the information obtained and cannot guarantee that the missing parent will be found.

You can only use this service if you qualify --
you must be the custodial parent with physical possession of the children or
the person who has had physical possession of the children for over 6 months (if you are not one of the parents) or
the legal guardian or managing conservator with legal custody of the children or
a court with jurisdiction to enforce custody or visitation or
the attorney of the chldren for whom paternity and/or support is sought.

No comments:

Post a Comment