Attention mediators -- these are mediation groups that you need to consider joining:
1. Association of Conflict Resolution - National organization
2. Association of Conflict Resolution - Houston Chapter - cost $35/year
3. Texas Mediator Credentialing Association - annual meeting each year around February in different cities around Texas for 2 days. Fr 2015, the conference will be in Houston Texas.
4. Texas Mediator Credentialing Association - annual meeting each year in the fall usually in Austin, Texas. A one day seminar.
5. For attorneys only - Association of Attorney-Mediators
There are many more but if you join those you will meet a lot of interesting people interested in mediation and you will "exposed" to other groups.
A good mediator's job of acquiring new techniques (tools) never ends. The 40-hour basic mediation training is only the beginning of your mediation journey. A committed mediator takes classes throughout the year to continue to develop their skill of mediation.
As I tell all the attorneys that mediate with me, when YOU think an impasse should be declared is when I just start my job.