Monday, January 6, 2014

Name Changes for Adults & Children

I am now willing to do uncontested name changes for children and adults.

I will not do a child's name change unless BOTH parents agree to it.
Don't call me if the other parent will not sign the paperwork.
Don't call me if you and the other parent do not agree.

I won't take your money unless I think the name change will be approved by the judge.
I don't want to waste your time or money - most people appreciate my honesty.

If you have a felony conviction or outstanding warrants or are attempting to change your name to avoid creditors, I cannot help you.  The judge won't approve your name change and I don't want to waste your time or money.

I've only had one name change ever rejected by a judge in Harris County -- the lady lied and did not tell me about her conviction for prostitution.  I refused to refund her money since I did all the work.  I offered to expunge her criminal record but she did not want to pay for it.

My cost is $2,000 plus expenses.
THIS PRICE IS GOOD THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2014.
PRICE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Expenses include the filing fee of approximately $300.
A federal & state background criminal check - approximately $100.
2 DIGITIZED fingerprint cards - you need to do this before coming to see me.

In summary, a name change will run approximately $2,500.

After 911, the Harris County courts got much stricter to what they require to sign an Order to change a person's name. Sorry!

If you don't like my price, look on www.avvo.com for an attorney to assist you.

The basic form is available at the Harris County Law Library on Congress in Downtown Houston.  You need to make a copy of the forms then re-type them and fill in the information.  You will need to "edit" these forms - do not merely copy and turn in a blank form -- that wont' work.  You must modify the form to fit your needs.




1 comment:

  1. The court found that (1) Maine professional responsibility law for attorneys permits arbitration of legal malpractice claims so long as there is no prospective limitation of the firm's liability; and 2) Maine law, like the Federal Arbitration Act, evidences no hostility to the use of the arbitral forum.
    Miami international arbitrator

    ReplyDelete